Herdin Record #:
Rapid identification of dengue virus serotypes by using polymerase chain reaction
|Department of Virology - Institute of tropical Medicine Nagasaki University
Publication Sub Type:
Journal Article, Original
Journal of Clinical Microbiology
American Society for Microbiology
Four primer pairs were selected on the basis of the published sequence data of four dengue virus serotypes so that each unique target sequence size could be amplified for each serotype by polymerase chain reaction. The procedure consists of (i) RNA preparation, (ii) reverse transcription, and (iii) polymerase chain reaction, all of which could be completed within 2 h in a single tube for each specimen. The amplified sequence size revealed by ethidium bromide-stained agarose gel electrophoresis was unique for each serotype, using infected culture fluid of isolates from dengue fever or dengue hemorrhagic fever patients in Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines as well as from prototype viruses, thus facilitating simultaneous identification and typing.
|Location||Call Number||Available Format||Availability|
1. Bundo, K. , Igarashi, K. . "Antibody-capture ELISA for detection of immunoglobulin M antibodies in sera from Japanese encephalitis and dengue hemorrhagic fever patients." Journal of Virological Methods 11, 15-22, 1985
2. Burke, D. S.. Rapid methods in the laboratory diagnosis of dengue virus infections. Pang and R. Pathmanathan (ed.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Dengue/Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever. University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.: T. Pang and R. Pathmanathan (ed.), 1983. 72-84.
3. Deubel, V. , Kinney, R. M., Trent, D. W.. "Nucleotide sequence and deduced amino acid sequence of the structural proteins of Dengue type 2 virus: Jamaica genotype." Virology 155, 365-377, 1986
4. Deubel, V. , Kinney, R. M., Trent, D. W.. "Nucleotide sequence and deduced amino acid sequence of the nonstructural proteins of Dengue type 2 virus, Jamaica genotype: comparative analysis of the full-length genome." Virlogy 165, 234-244, 1988
5. Gunasegaran, K. , Lim, T. W., Ahmed, A. , Aaskov, J. G., Lam, S. K., Pang, T. . "Hemadsorption immunosorbent technique for the detection of dengue immunoglobulin M antibody." Journal of Clinical Microbiology 23, 170-174, 1986
6. Halstead, S. B.. "Dengue haemorrhagic fever-a public health problem and a field for research." Bulletin of the World Health Organization 58, 1-21, 1980
7. Halstead, S. B.. "Pathogenesis of Dengue: challenges to molecular biology." Science 239, 476-4818, 1988
8. Henchal, E. A., Gentry, M. K., McCowa, J. M., Brandt, W. E.. "Dengue virus-specific and flavivirus group determinants identified with monoclonal antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 31, 830-836, 1982
9. Henchal, E. A., McCown, J. M., Seguin, M. C., Gentry, M. K., Brandt, W. E.. "Rapid identification of dengue virus isolates by using monoclonal antibodies in an indirect immunofluorescence assay." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 32, 164-169, 1983
10. Igarashi, A. . "Isolation of a Singh's Aedes albopictus cell clone sensitive to dengue and chikungunya viruses." Journal of General Virology 40, 531-544, 1978
11. Igarashi, A. , Fujita, Y. , Okuno, Y. , Oda, T. , Funahara, Y. , Shirahata, A. , Ikeuchi, H. , Hotta, S. , Wiharta, A. S., Sujudi, A. S.. "Isolation of dengue viruses from patients with dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) and those with fever of unknown origin (FUO) in Jakarta, Indonesia, in the years of 1981 and 1982. ICMR Ann." Kobe University 2, 7-17, 1982
12. Innis, B. L., Nimmannitya, S. , Nisalak, A. , Kusalerdchariya, S. , Chongswasdi, V. , Suntayakorn, S. , Puttisri, P. , Hoke, C. H.. "An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to characterize dengue infections where dengue and Japanese encephalitis co-circulate." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 40, 418-427, 1989
13. Lam., S. K., Devi, S. , Pang, T. . "Detection of specific IgM in dengue infection." Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 18, 532-538, 1987
14. Mackow, E. , Mokino, Y. , Zhao, B. , Zhang , Y. M., Markoff, L. , Buckler-White, A. , Guiler, M. , Chanock, R. , Lal, C. J.. "The nucleotide sequence of dengue type 4 virus: analysis of genes coding for nonstructural proteins." Virology 159, 217-228, 1987
15. Mason, P. W., McAda, P. C., Mason, T. L., Fournier, M. J.. "Sequence of the Dengue-1 virus genome in the region encoding the three structural proteins and the major nonstructural protein NS1." Virology 161, 335-350, 1987
16. Mullis, K. B., Faloona, F. A.. "Specific synthesis of DNA in vitro via a polymerase catalyzed chain reaction." Methods of Enzymology 155, 335-350, 1987
17. Osatomi, K. , Sumiyoshi, H. . "Complete nucleotide sequence of Dengue type 3 virus genome RNA." Virology 176, 643-647, 1990
18. Saiki, R. , Gelfand, D. H., Stoffel, S. , Scharf, S. J., Higuchi, R. , Horn, G. T., Mullis, K. B., Erlich, H. A.. "Primerdirected enzymatic amplification of DNA with a thermostable DNA polymerase." Science 239, 487-491, 1988
19. Tesh, R. B.. "A method for the isolation and identification of dengue viruses, using mosquito cell cultures." American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 28, 1053-1059, 1979
20. Zhao, B. , Mackow, E. , Buckler-White, A. , Markoff, L. , Chanock, R. M., Lai, C. J., Makino, Y. . "Cloning full-length dengue type 4 viral RNA sequence: analysis of genes coding for structural proteins." Virology 155, 77-88, 1986
3. Lack of efficacy of high-dose intravenous immunoglobulin treatment of severe thrombocytopenia in patients with secondary dengue virus infection.
6. Serotypes of dengue viruses isolate from pediatric patients admitted at St. Luke's Medical Center for years 2001.